Wednesday 6 March 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls #111 +#112

Hello there my lovely readers and welcome to another Wednesday Wonderfuls post!

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:1. Faux bangs and bow :) 2. The kitchen garden is growing! 3. Loving this books
4. Made over duck! 5. My new bag friend, Mirabel :) 6. Revamping this frame for a brooch board
7. Macaroons = Love 8. Babycham, yes please! 9. Chiffon scarves make bedtime chic!

Over the past two weeks I have been...

Starting...
my new job! It;s all been a bit manic, making the transition from part time work to full time, but it was a necessary change and it seems to be going well so far. I still can't get over the fact that I'm home before 7:00pm everyday, in the theatre I would be getting ready to start at that time!

Finishing...
my pattern cutting course. I have loved every second of this course, and I have learnt so much, I will be really quite sad that I have my Monday nights back again! I can't wait to try out everything that I've learnt by sewing up some of my own patterns, it's very exciting to think of all of the possibilities, watch this space!

Knitting...
like a demon to try and finish my blue jumper. I will finish it, I will, I will!

Reading...
"Knit Back in Time" by Geraldine Warner and I'm really loving it so far. I bought the book in preparation to working on some of my original 1950s knitting patterns and everything that I've read so far has been a great help to making the whole process of altering vintage patterns seem much simpler. I'll definitely be writing more about this book in the future, I think it's going to be a must-read for anyone starting out with vintage knitting patterns.

DIYing...
lots of little projects around the house! In the past two weeks I have started my very own brooch board (for my ever growing collection of brooches!) and I have given some rather tired looking flying ducks (that I rescued from my previous job) a make over. These little projects are making me quite ridiculously happy, I feel better for feathering my rented nest to the best of my ability!

Indulging...
in some fabulously retro alcoholic beverages :) I have recently tried snowballs and Babycham and I have to say I'm a big fan of both, particularly the former, it tastes like a lemonade milkshake!

And let's see what else has been going on in the blogosphere over the past fortnight...

Have a wonderful rest of the week my lovely readers!

Bye for now,

Katie xxx

1 comment:

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

I'm knitting something from Knit Back in Time right now (Hedy Tyrolean cardigan), though the book is released under a different name in the US. I wonder if the pictures are any different? I love the patterns and content but the photos are oddly off-putting. It's like they wanted to modernize all the models and knits but somehow they look very 80s to me. Very peculiar. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...