Wednesday 23 January 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls #106

Hello there my lovely readers! I hope you are all well and having a great week so far.

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:
1. Fun with friends! 2. Adding to my Hitchcock collection :) 3. My new trousers!
4. Knitting joy 5. My new-to-me winter coat 6. My delayed Christmas present from my Sweetheart
7. Carrot cake and pattern cutting 8. Sweet potato fries 9. Hot chocolate is needed in the snow!

This week I have been...

Feeling...
absolutely freezing! Any of my readers in the UK will know what I'm talking about, the snow has hit and hit hard. I know I'm playing to a British stereotype in talking about the weather, but seriously it's been insane! Thank goodness it's starting to warm up a bit and the snow has started to melt, because most of the road/train/general transport routes in this country seem to completely shut down at the merest hint of snow! There are some good things about the change in the weather, however, as it's made me feel quite festive all over again. Plus I get to wear gorgeous snuggly winter coats which I love, so there is a silver lining :)

Reading...
and finishing Rebecca! I loved this book so much, even though I found the ending a little sudden. I read so many Gothic novels when I was at school and this book reawakened my love for that style of writing. I'm chomping at the bit for my next read, any suggestions my lovely readers? I'm also feeling very chuffed that I've already read 2 books this year. I'm well on my way to my 12 book goal!

Dreaming about...
all the outfits that I could draft with my new found skills. I'm seriously considering putting together some mood boards of different looks I love from my favourite eras and having a go at drafting my own pattern. I can't tell you how liberating I've found my whole pattern drafting experience so far, I feel like I could do anything at the minute! Plus I think I could save a pretty penny on vintage patterns if I coud create my own...

Cooking...
two dishes this week: sweet potato fries with a feta cheese dip and low fat macaroni and cheese with spinach (I have a cheese addiction!). I'm trying to cook once a week and I'm loving it :) Even though my kitchen is uber tiny and tending to look like a bomb has hit it when I start cooking! I think that this week I'm in the mood for some baking :)


Let's see what else has been happening on the blogosphere this week!


Have a wonderful week, my lovely readers. Keep warm!

Bye for now,

Katie xxx

3 comments:

Sew Exhausted said...

The Banoffee looks so delish. I want to make some now! Love your mood board idea... Stay warm! -Laurie

SewingSveta said...

Amazing wall - http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/01/diy-instax-wallpaper.html

Tilly said...

Oh my goodness, your coat is so pretty! Where on earth did you get it? I love Hitchcock and Daphne du Maurier too. Have you read the short story books? I highly recommend Don't Look Now and The Birds - very different to the movies and just as good. You may also like Carson McCullers if you don't know her work already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...