Tuesday 13 November 2012

A bit of Spring (in Winter) Cleaning!

Hello lovely readers! 

Now... I have a bit of a confession to make. I have been  buying quite a bit of fabric recently. It started at the Bloggers meet up in Birmingham, where I bought some gorgeous pieces of fabric goodness, but then last week, believing that I was only going to shop for Christmas fabric, I visited Goldhawk Road and may have been a little bit naughty... Basically I am now inundated with winter-weight fabrics, all ready to be sewn up, but I have nowhere to put them! I have two main fabric storage areas in my flat: under my sewing table, where I keep a pile of fabrics that I already have patterns in mind for, and then I have a large stash of extra fabrics, cut offs etc., in a plastic box under my bed. So in order to make room for all my new pretties, I did some serious reorganising. This is the new under-the-desk pile!

The bottom five are all wool, I think I have a problem...!

All focused and ready for winter-weather sewing! I have moved all of my spring/summer weight fabrics (all my pretty vintage cottons and novelty prints) into the under-bed box, all ready to be taken out and played with when it gets warmer again. I also went through all the fabrics that I have been storing in this box and had a brutal selection process as to what was staying and what was going. Anything that I have been keeping for a long time but not actually using has to go. Plus I have a habit of over buying when it comes to the amount of fabric I need for a project, so I have a lot of quite large off cuts that are leaving the stash too. All these unwanted pieces of fabric (together with quite a lot of vintage dress patterns) are going to be finding their way onto ebay over the next few days. I'm sure that someone will want them for something, there are some pretty nice bits and pieces, so I will put the listings up here as soon as they go live, in case any of you fancy having a browse :)

So who says that spring cleaning only happens in spring? Is anyone else having a bit of a reorganise for winter?

Bye for now!

Katie xxx

4 comments:

Irene said...

Epic! I'm already looking forward to checking out what fabrics you're gonna list! :) I also stash fabrics, but I never sell them. I always convince myself that I really really need all of them :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Don't you just love the feeling that arise after a great once over? I adore a tidy house and detest clutter, so I usually do a head-to-toe cleaning about once a season, or at the very least a couple of times a year.

♥ Jessica

asewingodyssey.blogspot.co.uk said...

Oooh, your new pile (and wools) looks delicious! Well done for being organised and brutal with your culling...it has to be done! I'm in the midst of re-organising right now too ;o)

Tasha @ By gum, by golly! said...

Ooh! I look forward to seeing what cool-weather sewing you come up with. In that vein, I attempted to do some closet rotating, only to find I apparently have precious little in the winter wardrobe department, and not very much in the winter-appropriate fabric department, either. I better get cracking on that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...