Thursday 26 April 2012

Vintage Finds from Norwich

Hello there, readers, fancy taking a look at the goodies I've recently collected?

As I mentioned before I've found Norwich to be quite a goldmine for vintage finds, it's really refreshing to find lovely quality items that aren't being sold for the ridiculously inflated prices that you find in London. That's one of the upsides of touring, not having to deal with Southern prices! Anyways, last weekend I paid a visit to the locally renowned Norwich Flea Market at St. Andrews Hall, and I left ever so slightly more weighed down than when I entered...

My first find was a real thrill for me, because I have been searching vintage shops far and wide for the perfect cats eye sunglasses for such a long time, and the moment I entered the market there they were!

Sunglasses of joy!

These 1950s beauties were hidden on what was basically a junk stall, I couldn't believe they hadn't been snapped up before I had got there! I love the unusual shape and colour of the frames and they are in really great condition considering their age. I will definitely be taking these to Paris with me :)

Sunglasses of joy, close up!

I have always been a great lover of books (I tried to use a kindle for a while but I just couldn't make it stick, I missed the smell and feel of solid pages too much!) so when I find pretty vintage books I find it hard to walk away. And look how pretty...

I love a good book :)

When I saw "What Katy Did" I couldn't leave it behind for obvious reasons and "Swiss Family Robinson" was a favourite of mine as a child. As for the other two they had some beautiful photos and illustrations so I decided to give them a new home too :)

My final score at the fair is something I cannot wait to use. I'm really looking forward to being at home for an extended period of time to that I can invite friends and family over for tea and cake, and what would make that scene even lovelier? Why, a vintage table cloth of course!

Too pretty for words

I have always been a sucker for roses and the embroidery on this beautiful linen just made me melt! The amount of care and detail that went into this piece is ridiculous, I can't wait to use it for afternoon tea!

So, what do you think? A pretty good haul I'd say. Like I said, Norwich has been very good for me, I've really enjoyed all the vintage offerings it has, I'll be quite sad to leave!

Have you found any fun vintage finds recently?

Katie x

8 comments:

cassie stephens said...

LOVE THOSE GLASSES! Gah, they are stunning. I bid on several on ebay...and never win. You are right, the prices are just silly. And, yes, there is nothing like the smell of old books, my fave!

Mistress Catgirl said...

Those glasses are just fabulous. I love vintage embroidered linens.

Lucy Yeo said...

I love Norwich - glad you enjoyed the fair.  Those glasses are beautiful and you just can't beat an old book!  Not sure when you are leaving Norwich but if you are about tomorrow (April 28th) there is a Little Vintage Lover fair being held in the Dragon Hall, Norwich.  Zoe's fairs are brilliant with lots of great finds :o)

misskatiered said...

Thanks for letting me know, tomorrow is actually my last day in Norwich, so if I have time I will definitely pay the fair a visit :)

Sue said...

Those glasses! I'm in love. Great finds!

Sabrina said...

Gorgeous finds! Those sunglasses are definitely sunglasses of joy. They're so chic and sophisticated looking. The tablecloth is beautiful.

Kerry said...

Oh wow - those sunglasses are amazing! I would definitely have snapped those up too - not sure if they would suit me, but I'd just gaze at them lovingly :)

Dickson Wu said...

Good reeading

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...