Wednesday 16 November 2011

Wednesday Wonderfuls #44

Hello there lovely readers! A very happy Wednesday to you all! I am no longer in Edinburgh and I miss it already, I have moved on to the fourth venue of the tour: Sunderland. Now I have several posts that need to be completed about both Oxford and Edinburgh, but thankfully I now have the means to share all my lovely pictures with you, so these should all be going live this week! Hurrah!

For now I thought I'd share something with you that has been a constant love of mine regardless of which city I'm visiting: Florence + the Machine.

I adored Florence's first album, "Lungs", and I must admit that on first listening I wasn't singing the praises of her new album "Ceremonials", but after playing it repeatedly during my journeys about the UK I have to admit I'm falling in love all over again. I adore everything about Florence Welch, her style, her love of vintage, her musical brilliance, and just the fact that she genuinely seems to be a lovely person in every public situation she's in. Plus she's a redhead which is always a plus in my books :) If you are yet to experience the amazingness that is Florence + the Machine (where have you been?? You're in for a treat!) then here is one of my favourite tracks from her new album to delight your ears. Plus this video reminds me of all my favourite childhood 80s movies like Labyrinth and Legend :)


And as if that musical beauty wasn't enough, it's now Wednesday Wonderfuls time! Here is my pick of the blogosphere this week, and in my opinion it's been a particularly good one...

  • Katie of Katie Cakes has written a guest post on the Laura Ashley blog all about the best tea shops in Newcastle. As you all know I'm a HUGE fan of cake, and as I'll be visiting Newcastle on this tour I'm definitely going to be taking this list with me when I go!
  • Salted caramel has recently become one of my favourite new flavours so you can imagine how my heart skipped a beat when I saw this recipe for a Salted Caramel Cheesecake Pie. Swoon!
  • Did you make that has written a post all about the fabulous Ray Stitch fabric shop in London, and I LOVE this shop! Check it out, it's well worth a visit :)
  • A big thank you to Florence and Rose for writing this post and introducing me to the magic of Tiny Owl Knits, it's my new obsession now too!
  • Yet again I am tempted to visit new places because of what you clever people write on your blogs. This time it's Harrogate after reading this post over at Advantage in Vintage, it just sounds lovely!
  • "So Zo..." recently posted about Elena and her fabulous blog Seamless. Elena has invented the Seamless Pledge in which you can pledge to buy no new clothes for any chosen about of time, and exist simply on second hand, vintage and homemade goodies instead. Now that's what I have been doing for the past (almost) year and it's the reason I started this blog so obviously I'm thrilled that some's trying to put the idea out there to the blogging world at large! I wish everyone who's taking part good luck, believe me you'll have the best time if you do :)

Not bad eh? I think that's a pretty good selection of yummies for your perusal :)

Anyway, that's it from me for today, I'll be back again soon!

2 comments:

Lady Jardin - Vintage Views of the South Coast said...

always love your Wednesday wonderfuls and have discovered so much through them, big big thank you!

By the way, by the looks of things, that Florence video was filmed at Eltham Palace, I went there a few months back and put some pictures up, beauuuutiful art deco palace!

xxx

Len said...

Rather excited to not only be a Wednesday Wonderful, but also to be in the same post as Florence! Excellent.

Thank you so much for your kind words, they're much appreciated! I'm not sure if you saw the reply to your comment the other day, but I was wondering if you fancied doing some sort of guest post for Seamless about your experiences with your personal pledge not to buy anymore clothes? It would be lovely to hear a bit about how things have gone for you with that!

My email is elenamcresci at gmail dot com if you want to get in contact :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...