Wednesday 16 February 2011

Wednesday Wonderfuls #5

Hello there! I hope you all had a marvelous V-day, I must admit my Sweetheart did very well, and we spent our evening at the BFI Southbank watching the fabulous Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in "To Have And Have Not". Needless to say a good time was had by all!

I also have to share with you the gift I gave my boy, an absolutely beautiful vintage book of love poems:

What really kills me about this book is that it was given as a gift to someone else's sweetheart over 100 years ago! It just makes it all the more special. I like to think of this book as a present for both of us, because I'll get just as much pleasure out of it as he will:)

And now let me bring you some of my favourite pieces of the blog world this week!

I've been thrilled that the topic of lingerie seems to be very popular this week, including:
And other pieces of wonderfulness:
  • Miss P is thinking of organising a draft-along for newbie pattern drafters like myself. This would be marvelous so if you're interested do pop over to her blog and offer some support!
  • And finally these sandwiches, made by the genius that is Joy the Baker, could be considered perfection...
Happy Wednesday everyone! 

3 comments:

Casey said...

That book is beautiful--what a lovely find! :) Also wanted to say a big thank you for including my cami-knickers in your links!!! :)

♥ Casey

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks for the vote of support Katie. The draftalong will definately be going ahead. Look out for a related post very soon. That book is so lovely. Who are Kitty and Harry and did they make it, and have lots of children together....Pxxx

Katie said...

Casey - I know, isn't it lovely? :) and I know for a fact that I will include you again soon in my links, you are always making such beautiful things!

Miss P - I'm so excited about the draft along! although I fear I will be lagging behind slightly as I'm going to Holland for three weeks on Sunday. I have no idea who Kitty and Harry are, but I love to think they married and had 7 children and lived together in love and happiness for the rest of their days :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...